Saturday, November 11, 2006

Tranmere - Millwall 3-1




This was my first time in England, and of course my first time at Prenton Park. Due to a conflict in Norwegian the whole trip was in danger. There were negotiations 20 hours on overtime, and strike looked like a likely outcome. As our plane went on Friday morning we waited for an outcome before driving the 5 hour trip to Bergen. 18:05 we got the message that the strike had been avoided. We packed up instantly and left in a hurry.






Exhausted as we were we went straight to our hotelroom and lied down for a bit. On the afternoon Eirik called me and asked if we should meet up somewhere. Eirik can be described as a very enthusiastic guy. He took us to a friend which drove us to Prenton Park. We went to the clipper for a meal before we went into the stadium. I ordered a steak. The lady in the bar asked me if I wanted it medium or well done. I chose medium. It tasted good but it was indeed very bloody. Eiriks friend said something like: " That steak is alive". I thought that was well put :)

Some people warned be about the cold weather. As a fullblooded norwegians I took these warnings lightly. My thoughts were something like: " What do english people know about cold weather, it hardly ever fall snow here. Cold weather in England? Nahhh" But I was going to regret this underestimation. I was shivering at half time. When the final whistle were approaching I couldnt feel my legs. But still I was enjoying the game. Prenton Park is a great stadium, it has such soul. Its much better than I have seen on any picture.
The game wasnt great all the time, but I thought we did well in the first half. We were 2-0 up and scored one very nice goal. We even had one disallowed when Sheriff decided to pass when he was one on one with the keeper. The receiver of the pass was offside, bloody typical :)
I took a video of our second goal from McCready. This video can be found here:
I met several people at the game. People that I have been speaking to on msn for several years. Such as Dave, Erik, Mark and Steph. I didnt talk enough to them I thought, but at least I said hi to them which was nice :)

1 comment:

Eirik Fjeld said...

Hi Tom!
Nice to see your blog! Very nice to meet you and we'll catch up again soon, I'm sure!

Eirik